Eagle Scout Project
My name is Sam Wood and I am working on an Eagle Scout Project to benefit The Clubhouse For Special Needs of Bedford, TX. The Clubhouse is a facility serving special needs teens and adults. It provides valuable social and life skills and my project is to create a Music Center for them. Music is important to me which makes this project very special. The Music Center we want to provide will include a large 6’ x 10’ folding, mobile wall that will serve as a room divider for classes as well as a decorative backdrop for special events. We will also build a large mobile storage cabinet that will store musical instruments and equipment. We hope to provide a fun and unique space for these teens and adults to explore the creativity of music as well as the social aspect music brings.
How Can You Help?
We are looking for donations. Some of the build we hope to use recycled materials. But, to ensure safety, the main structures need new hardware and solid foundations. So, we are taking donations to offset the cost of any new construction materials we will need. We are hoping to raise around $500. We are also accepting specific donations as listed below.
- MONEY for new materials/supplies for the build
- MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS (percussion/old mallets, ukuleles, really anything(they already have a piano, drumset and recorders)
- OLD PAINT (preferably browns and blacks but need any color.)(We will properly dispose of any unused paint.)
- COSTUMES such as hats, wigs, capes, funny glasses, etc. (easy to quickly put on and fit anyone/any ability)
- EXTRA WISH We would love to provide them with a new bluetooth karaoke system if possible.
You can also help us build and deliver.
The date of the build is October 19th at 3pm at the Wood family home. We will need help removing nails from old wood, sanding, and painting. Delivery date is not set yet but we hope to make it super fun!
Feel free to contact us and let us know if you can help by filling out the form below!